Basic Pre-Cruise Details
Thank you for booking a cabin on the Ultimate Disco Cruise and Beyond, we look forward to Celebrating the Greatest Dance, Soul, Funk, and Party Music Ever with you! Here are a few important details and dates to keep in mind as you plan your vacation.
As a charter cruise guest, you have two important numbers tied to your sailing:
- A Reservation Number from StarVista LIVE (SVL): this number was assigned once your booking was confirmed either via phone or email. Access your SVL account any time by clicking here to manage your guest information, payments, insurance, and SVL add-ons for this and future cruises.
- A Booking Number from Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL): SVL will email you your Booking Number approximately 45-60 days prior to sailing and it will be posted in your SVL account for your convenience. With your NCL Booking Number, you will need to complete the check-in online process no later than 72 hours prior to the cruise and download the Cruise Norwegian App on your phone or tablet. Not only will your mobile boarding pass be available there starting 21 days prior to the cruise, but you can also manage premium dining, spa and shore excursion reservations, review deck plans and read more information regarding your account with Norwegian Cruise Line.
- NOTE: Please keep an eye on your email as we will be sending you your NCL Booking Number that you will use to check-in online.
Remember, as guests on Norwegian Cruise Line, not everything we do to make this cruise so special and unique for you will appear in the Cruise Norwegian App. So, take a moment to familiarize yourself with our important details regarding the Ultimate Disco Cruise below. There’s a handy search bar at the top right of the page to help you find additional information!
If you have questions about your current reservation, you can review your existing booking by clicking on the “Review Booking” button below. From there, sign into your account to access your existing reservation, update your contact information, payment information, and more. If you would like to speak with a reservationist, please call us at (844) 296-3472 during our hours of operation (M-F 9:00am – 5:00pm ET).
You will also find our onboard schedule of events approximately 30 days prior to sailing under the “Performance Schedule” tab.
1. What type of identification will I need to board the ship?
For United States Citizens: StarVista LIVE requires a passport book for all travel outside of the United States. Passports must not expire within six months after your date of travel in order to be considered valid. For further information and passport requirements, please visit www.state.gov
We understand that some “closed-loop” cruises, as well as Customs and Border Patrol, may not require a U.S. passport to sail, but we require all guests bring theirs in case of an extremely uncommon emergency. Therefore, passport cards are not acceptable for this charter.
For Non-United States Citizens: You must have a valid passport and any necessary visas for travel. Please carefully verify the existing identification requirements for your particular travel situation with your local consulate. In addition, non-U.S. citizens who have previously been admitted to the United States for permanent residence must carry their Permanent Residence Card (Form I-551), commonly known as a Green Card. Resident aliens not in possession of this must obtain one at the nearest office of the United States Immigration Service.
Visas: Visa requirements vary depending on the passport under which you are traveling and the countries being visited. Guests traveling under non-U.S., non-Canadian and non-European passports must check with the Consulate of every country visited during the cruise for specific Visa requirements. When contacting the Consulate for the country being visited, be sure to provide the complete itinerary of the cruise so the Consulate can provide the correct information as your Schengen Visa requirements. Guests may also contact a Visa service agency in their country for assistance.
2. Should I have my passport book on me at all times the day of embarkation and disembarkation?
You should always have your passport book on your person at all times for embarkation and disembarkation.
4. How do I purchase a drink package and/or excursions? Why can’t I purchase them from SVL website?
You will be issued an NCL Booking Number approximately 45-60 days prior to sailing. Once you have checked-in online, you may purchase drink packages, shore excursions, specialty dining, and many more amenities offered by NCL. For beverage package details and current pricing, refer to Norwegian Cruise Line’s website here.
In addition, you will be able to book all of this through the Cruise Norwegian App that can be downloaded directly to your smartphone. For more information on the Cruise Norwegian App, please click here.
StarVista LIVE does not sell these products, so they must be purchased directly from the cruise line.
5. Can we bring alcohol, soda, and water onboard? And, if so, how much of each? StarVista LIVE abides by NCL’s policies listed below.
Alcohol: StarVista LIVE abides by the applicable cruise line’s alcohol policy. Please refer to the Norwegian Cruise Line’s website for the details.
Soda & Water: StarVista LIVE abides by the applicable cruise line’s soda and water policy. Please refer to the Norwegian Cruise Line’s website for the details.
Note: These policies are subject to change at any time without notification. For more information, please contact Norwegian Cruise Line directly.
6. What are this year’s theme nights?
Our programming team carefully chooses costume parties and theme nights considering the cruise’s schedule, artists, and customer surveys from previous years. They will be chosen and posted in the Booked Guests section approximately 45-60 days prior to sailing. They will also be sent via email at that time.
7. What time should I book my flight before and after the cruise?
We highly recommend coming in a night prior to the cruise and staying in a hotel in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. If you cannot make it in the day prior to the cruise, we suggest you arrive to the ship by 2:00 PM. Please select a flight that allows plenty of time to de-plane, gather luggage, drive to the ship terminal and check-in at the ship terminal. At the conclusion of the cruise, we suggest you select a flight that leaves no earlier than 11:30 am from Miami International Airport and 12:00 pm from Ft. Lauderdale International Airport.
It is your responsibility to arrive at the ship in time for the departure and to secure your transportation at the end of your cruise.
8. What hotel is recommended for the night before the cruise?
We recommend that guests arrive a day earlier than the cruise departs, if at all possible, as there may be weather-related travel delays. We typically secure a limited number of rooms as a special group rate for guests on the nights leading up to the cruise. More info on our pre-cruise hotel available here.
9. What transportation is available from the airport to the hotel, the hotel to the pier, and the pier to the airport? How do I book it?
StarVista LIVE does not provide transportation from the airport to the hotel, or directly to the pier, nor from the pier to the airport after the cruise. Suggested ground transportation options to get you to/from Port Miami and the airport:
- Norwegian Cruise Line offers ground transfers between the airport and the pier and vice versa. To arrange for transfers, have your airline documentation ready and log in into your NCL account. An option to purchase your transfer will appear in Step 4 of your Online Check-In. You can also call NCL at (800) 327-7030 at least 4 days prior to sailing.
- Taxi from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale airport.
- Rideshares like Uber or Lyft (check your apps for pricing and details).
It is your responsibility to arrive at the ship in time for departure and to secure your transportation at the end of your cruise.
For those guests staying the night before the cruise in our pre-cruise hotel, StarVista LIVE offers luggage and motor coach transportation on the day of the cruise, from the hotel to the pier, for just $24. Simply bring your luggage down to the lobby and transportation helpers will assist you in loading your luggage into our ground transportation, and then deliver it to the terminal. That’s it! Your luggage will be delivered to your stateroom on the ship. More information and pricing available here.
10. Is there long-term parking available at the pier?
PortMiami offers on-site covered parking for $22 per day. For more information go to https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp
PREMIER CRUISE PARKING
Self-uncovered parking with free shuttle to cruise ship terminal.
Check back for special discount parking information, coming soon!